Please Wash with Love & Care
To keep your new purchase looking lovely & turning heads for a long time to come, please wash with & care.
Washing your Knitted Lambswool Blankets & Cushion Covers
- Pure wool is naturally antibacterial & those amazing wool fibres resist spills & stains so should only require minimal cleaning. However, we all know that things do get dirty, so follow these instructions & your products will maintain their beautiful appearance for years to come
- Although all our pure Lambswool products can be washed in the machine on a delicate hand wash programme ONLY, we would strongly suggest washing them using your very own hands if possible. It is really important not to agitate to the wool too much whilst washing, so no heavy scrubbing!
- Always use an approved wool detergent, it will have been specially created to be much much kinder to your lovely wool product & ensure it lasts for years to come
- It is best to wash products of similar colours together
- Like any knitwear products it is recommended to reshape whilst damp, drying flat will also help to maintain shape & avoid any distortion
- Please do not tumble dry & remember any products containing bleach will be far too harsh on your lovely natural wool
- A gentle steam iron on the reverse can also help to reshape after washing & drying
- Dry cleaning is an option although given the chemicals used in the dry-cleaning process we would suggest hand washing is a much nicer way to clean products intended to be used for baby
- Pilling or little bobbles of fluff will naturally occur on pure wool products through use. These are just some of those lovey soft fibres getting fuzzy & loose on the surface, whilst other fibres just won’t let them escape & fall off. To get rid of these pesky pills, simply pull off by hand or one of those hand-held pill remover devices can be a good alternative if used with care.
- For more advice on caring for wool, the lovely people at woolmark.com offer some great tips here.
Caring for your Cushions
If you bought a cushion, you will have received a rather lovely duck feather cushion pad inside the cover…..
- If needed, please ONLY professionally dry clean your cushion pads
- Daily plumping & occasional airing will also be beneficial for lasting comfort & of course keep the cover looking its best for everyone to admire!